Asparagus and Leek Pasta with Feta
- 1 bunch of asparagus chopped into one in pieces
- 2 bunches (about 6-8) leeks (white parts only), chopped and braised in 3 tablespoons of butter until limp and transparent
- 1 clove of garlic (put through a press)
- 8 oz. whole wheat corkscrew pasta
- 1 8 oz. block of feta cheese, crumbled
Cook pasta. While pasta is cooking , melt butter, drop in chopped leeks, cook on medium to low heat until limp and transparent (about 10 minutes). Add pressed garlic, salt, pepper. When the leeks are cooked, add asparagus pieces. Cook asparagus with leeks until a knife can be easily inserted into the asparagus.
Toss the asparagus/leek mixture with the drained pasta. Add 1/8 to ¼ cup of the pasta water. Then toss in the crumbled feta. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Susan at Naturally Low Carb.